Subject: EWRS info: Täiendavad meetmed Itaalia piiripunktides seoses dengue viirushaiguse rahvusvahelise levikuga
From: "Jelena Rjabinina" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2024 12:08:23 +0300

Tere

Edastan EC EWRS kaudu laekunud info Itaaliast rakendatud/kavandatud
meetmetest rahvusvahelise transpordi ja kaubanduse suhtes dengue
viirushaiguse
<https://www.terviseamet.ee/et/nakkushaigused-a-u/dengue-palavik>
sissetoomise ennetamiseks ja rahvusvahelise leviku tõkestamiseks, sh

Itaalia lennujaamades nõutakse nende lennukite desinsektsioon, mis
otseselt või kaudselt saabuvad  dengue riskipiirkondadest  ehk riikidest
kus registreeritakse kohalikud dengue palaviku haigusjuhud inimestel
ja/või esinevad viirushaiguse siirutajad ehk Ae aegypti liigi sääsed
(lingid WHO ja ECDC infole dengue riskipiirkondadest on märgitud
kollasena):

From EWRS NFP Italy,               Federica Ferraro:

Due to the global increase in dengue cases, the Italian Ministry of Health
has raised the level of sanitary surveillance to be applied to aircraft,
ships and goods coming from countries where Aedes aegypti is present, as
well as from countries where the risk of contracting the disease is
frequent and continuous,
(https://www.cdc.gov/dengue/areaswithrisk/around-the-world.html), and in
accordance with the provisions of the Italian National Plan for
Prevention, Surveillance and Response to Arbovirosis (PNA) 2020-2025. The
measures for goods and the RD certificate request for aircrafts were also
implemented during zika outbreaks in 2016-2017.

Risk Assessment

From the beginning of 2024 to 29 March 2024, a total of 104 cases of
confirmed dengue virus infection were reported in Italy (unpublished
data), all contracted in endemic countries, from 11 different Italian
regions/PAs.

Information on public health measures planned or undertaken

A)  For aircrafts;

         A residual disinsection (RD) certificate for aircrafts coming
directly or indirectly from countries at risk is required:

<https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/publications-data/aedes-invasive-mosquitoes
-current-known-distribution-october-2023>
https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/publications-data/aedes-invasive-mosquitoes-
current-known-distribution-october-2023

<https://www.who.int/publications/m/item/countries-and-territories-with-cu
rrent-or-previous-zika-virus-transmission>
https://www.who.int/publications/m/item/countries-and-territories-with-cur
rent-or-previous-zika-virus-transmission

       Cross Border Health Authorities will check these certificates and,
if not otherwise available, they will prescribe a RD with release of a
valid certificate.

        Exceptionally, planes without a valid RD certificate can carry out
pre-embarkation, pre-departure, pre-departure cargo holds, or on arrival
(cabin o lower cargo holds) disinsection. At the PoE, cross border health
Authorities (USMAF-SASN) will

       require a valid RD before leaving Italy or before coming back in
the next 28 days.

B)  For ships:

Ships coming from not EU countries have to submit to cross border health
authorities (USMAF-SASN):

      •      A list of the last 10 ports called or those called in the
last 28 days

      AND

      •      RD certificate or a declaration of the Ship Command where is
declared which measures have undertaken in order to contain Ae aegypti.

Those ships coming from EU countries, which in the last 28 days have
touched/transited ports in countries and territories at risk, have to
submit to cross border health authorities (USMAF-SASN):

      •      A list of the last 10 ports called or those called in the
last 28 days

      AND

      •      Maritime Declaration of Health (MDH)

      •      RD certificate or a declaration of the Ship Command in which
declare which measures have undertaken in order to contain A. aegypti.

We recommend that shipping companies update their pest control
plans/procedures

C)  Goods at risk ( e.g.: used tyres, fresh cut flowers and ornamental
plants travelling in water substrate, exotic timber logs… ) must be
accompanied by:

      •      Certificate of disinfestation before leaving countries
considered at risk

     OR

      •      Disinsection before entering Italian territory

Risk Communication

Circular of the Ministry of Health 14.02.24: “Raising the alert level for
the spread of dengue at Italian entry points”

Circular of the Ministry of Health 14.03.24: “Health surveillance
measuresagainst dengue virus. Clarifications to Circular No. prot. 4753 of
Feb. 14, 2024."

Additional relevant information

Chemicals used for disinsection procedures are those recommended by the
WHO:

“WHO aircraft disinsection methods and procedures, 2nd ed” (link
<https://www.who.int/publications/i/item/9789240080317>
https://www.who.int/publications/i/item/9789240080317);

for pesticides please refer to Vector Control Product List | WHO -
Prequalification of Medical Products (IVDs, Medicines, Vaccines and
Immunization Devices, Vector Control)

Teatan, et see info on juba edastatud Tallinna Lennujaama kriisijuhile.

Palun võimalusel teavitada Itaalia piiripunktides rakendatud nõuetest
teemaga seotud transpordioperaatoreid.

Samas teatan, et Eesti Vabariik ei ole dengue palaviku riskipiirkond
(puuduvad siirutajad kohalikuks levikuks, registreeritakse ainult
sissetoodud haigusjuhud inimestel).

Lugupidamisega

Jelena Rjabinina

Peaspetsialist

Nakkushaiguste epidemioloogia osakond

Tel   +372 7943 522

e-post:  <mailto:[email-masked]>
[email-masked]

Terviseamet

+372 794 3500

 <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]
 <http://www.terviseamet.ee/> www.terviseamet.ee

Paldiski mnt 81, 10614 Tallinn

Käesolev kiri on konfidentsiaalne ning mõeldud kasutamiseks kirja päises
nimetatud isikule/asutusele. Käesoleva kirja mistahes viisil kasutamine
või kopeerimine isiku poolt, kes ei ole märgitud selle adressaadiks, on
keelatud. Kui te olete saanud käesoleva kirja ekslikult, palume sellest
koheselt teavitada kirja saatjat ning kustutada saadud kiri koos kõikide
lisadega.